[x] Navigation

[x] Downloads (Top)

[x] Languages

[x] Design
Each user can view the site with a different theme.
Themes marked with a * also change the forum look.

Übersicht | Search

Frage
Sortieren: Aufsteigend / Absteigend
Your site does not show my language with the right encoding in my browser can we change to 8859-x
Umlaute wandeln nach UTF-8

Antwort
Your site does not show my language with the right encoding in my browser can we change to 8859-x

We now use UTF-8 encoding so that people from all over the world can view your site under the proper encoding. All browsers are able to accept UTF-8 encoding.

Here's a debug list to check

* Internet Explorer has an option under [View] which shows the language code with which you are viewing the page
o When it says "Unicode (UTF)", your browser works properly.
o If it says something else, you probably have a proxy/firewall issue. Consult with the vendor of your firewall to solve these problems
* Firefox auto-detects and is always set to UTF-8
* Mozilla has UTF-8 active by default
* Check if your browser saves the cookies that are sent through the header. If you never receive cookies, it could be due to your proxy, if you are using one
o Deactivate the use of a proxy server
o Ask your internet service provider how to turn off their proxy, if one is used
* As a last resort, check other languages, as well as this site. Are they all messed up? or just one? Perhaps there is an issue with that individual file. If you have an issue that is still not solved after reading this, please post in our forums or projects modules.


We have tested UTF-8 on all browsers in Windows 98, 2000 and XP. Some were setup multilingually and others use a native language (Dutch / English) without any additional packages.

We will not help you to modify your CPG-Nuke to use another charset, but we will help you with any problems you may encounter using UTF-8, that are not answered here or in one of these locations:

* FAQ
* Forums
* This post


Umlaute wandeln nach UTF-8

When you setup Dragonfly CMS™ on a fresh database, there is nothing you need to do for UTF regarding the database. But if you are upgrading and your db has characters other than english , special characters like éáàè¿, there are a few ways to ease the change.

* WARNING Attempt these only on a backup of your database first and browse the results locally as they may be irreversable. What you see in the display at phpMyAdmin may not be as it appears on the page with proper encoding
* WARNING Attempt these only on a backup of your database first and browse the results locally as they may be irreversable. What you see in the display at phpMyAdmin may not be as it appears on the page with proper encoding

As of MySQL version 4.1.x (latest stable) via mysql or phpMyAdmin you can change the encoding of the text fields to binary then to UTF-8 with your prefered language set's collation.


Array:
pseudo example wrote:
ALTER TABLE t MODIFY utf8_col BINARY(x);
ALTER TABLE t MODIFY utf8_col CHAR(x) CHARACTER SET utf8 collation utf8_general_ci;

Ultraedit will also easily convert a whole database to utf-8 if you dont have access to the mysql prompt, but you can also do this function even easier at a mysql prompt level:

First thing, make a dump (or backup) of the database .

Array:
mysqldump --opt -u root -p database_name > database_name.sql

As we’re going to be doing stuff, it might be wise to make a copy of the working database_name database. I did that by creating a new database in PhpMyAdmin, and importing my freshly dumped database into it:

Array:
mysql -u root -p database_name-backup < database_name.sql
The use the system tool iconv to change the encoding of the database

Array:
iconv -f iso-8859-15 -t utf8 database_name.sql > database_name-iconv.sql

Then, import into the database.

Array:
mysql -u root -p database_name-utf8 < database_name-iconv.sql
<br />Once I was happy that it was working, I imported my converted dump into the production database:
Array:
mysql -u root -p database_name < database_name-iconv.sql

If you get this error when trying to import:

Array:

ERROR 1153 at line x: Got a packet bigger than 'max_allowed_packet'

You need to edit my.cnf (/etc/mysql/my.cnf on my system) and change the value for max_allowed_packet in the section titled [mysqld].
Then stop mysql and restart it:

Array:
mysqladmin -u root -p shutdown to stop it, and mysqld_safe & to start it again (as root).

You can also break up a the database dump into managable parts using Ultraedit...

See me also




Interactive software released under GNU GPL, Code Credits, Privacy Policy